We recommend regular Reflexology throughout your pregnancy from 12 weeks, then weekly sessions from 32 weeks to help prepare for labour. Our clients have found that those receiving regular treatments during pregnancy tend to deliver closer to term and have shorter labours. Reflexology offers a natural and safe way of helping you to cope with the rapid changes your body goes through during pregnancy.
During your pregnancy, your body will go through significant changes; these changes will affect the emotional, hormonal and physiological balance of your body. Regular Reflexology treatments help ease or prevent the many discomforts and ailments commonly associated with pregnancy.
Reflexology during pregnancy may help with:
- A reduction in morning sickness, all day sickness and vomiting which persists past the three month stage of the pregnancy.
- To relieve indigestion, lower back pain, haemorrhoids and constipation.
- Preparing the body for labour by balancing all the body systems, especially the endocrine system which governs the labour process.
- The length of labour, which may be very much reduced by having regular Reflexology treatments in the weeks prior to the expected delivery date.
- Labour to help boost energy levels, and aids deep muscle relaxation between contractions. It may help with pain control by stimulating the production of natural endorphins. Partners can be taught the areas of the foot to treat during labour.
Post Natal Reflexology
Reflexology is just as important after the birth of your baby as before. Now more than ever do you need to take time for yourself, after many sleepless nights, irregular feeding times and general exhaustion. Our specialised techniques will work to help rebalance hormones and increase energy levels. Regular Reflexology sessions may help:
- Adjusting to the demands of coping with a new baby
- Working with any trauma or birthing issues
- Support your menstrual cycle to return to normal
- Aid lactation, breastfeeding
- Baby blues, anxiety
- General relaxation
Block of 6 x 45mins: £180
Block of 6 x 60mins: £200